• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts changing to temp files and symbols

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always used the arial font for a particular document that I frequently modify and resave as a cover sheet for document packages.  Today when I clicked a text box to edit it in the font selection field it automatically changes to "Z@RE734.tmp" and outputs random symbols when I type.  No matter what I try always when I select ARIAL it does this however arial black and narrow work fine.  I noticed at the bottom of my font list in the drop down there is about 10-15 variations of the the Z file name.  I never noticed that before.  On the fields that currently have arial font text in them, when I click it give the little yellow warning symbol and reports Arial may not be installed.   Any thoughts on what this could be?  I am using Acrobat XI on Win 10 and have been successfully for months.  No new software has been installed and nothing has been deleted.  Before I tried a reinstall of the font, I wanted to ask because there are so many junk font downloads I was a little nervous about doing that.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?