Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.com vs .org and .us

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this is related to web hosting but I couldn't find a similar category.

the domain I wanted to register is taken. Should I get the .us or .org one? Would that be confusing for customers? (usually people expecting .com).

I would like it to be easy to remember, yet, I'd like to get the domain with that name

Thanks a lot

Cristian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

I found this answer on Quora that I thought captured the answer to your question very well.

What are the pros and cons of choosing .com versus .org for a website domain name? - Quora

There are plenty of articles on the Internet with suggestions in case you want more opinions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this answer on Quora that I thought captured the answer to your question very well.

What are the pros and cons of choosing .com versus .org for a website domain name? - Quora

There are plenty of articles on the Internet with suggestions in case you want more opinions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Preran. They are saying I should get a .com TLD. I don't want them to land on my competitor's website

Very nice article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines