• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with saving images using bridge/PS/ into dropbox.com

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so here it is - I have a dropbox.com folder with photos I need to PS. I use bridge to open the folder then click the image to open it in PS. I use the QuickSelection Tool to select what I want to make a mask of. Once the part i want is selected, I right click to feather the edges. Then I click the Image tab to convert the image to grayscale. Then I go to the layers and I duplicate the main layer. With that dup layer I then hit the mask button. Now I only influence the selection I want. then I add a posterized layer to the selection then an exposure layer.

Then I select all my layers and merge them into one. Then I go to the File tab and save. I save it as a .TIFF file. (I know there are different options when saving as a TIFF, however I touch change any of them) Once I save it in PS. then it goes to Bridge and it looks fine, HOWEVER, in dropbox.com I now have my image selection with a black background....

I have done this same process before, almost a full year now and never had any issues and now Im getting this.... Help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Have you tried downloading the image from Dropbox and opening it in Photoshop?  I have a feeling that you will find that the transparency is still there.  You see this when pasting GIFs with a transparent background into Photoshop as JPGs.  It doesn't work.  You have to download the file and open it as a GIF and the transparency will be honoured.

I will be very interested to know if this is what is happening, so please report back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried downloading the image from Dropbox and opening it in Photoshop?  I have a feeling that you will find that the transparency is still there.  You see this when pasting GIFs with a transparent background into Photoshop as JPGs.  It doesn't work.  You have to download the file and open it as a GIF and the transparency will be honoured.

I will be very interested to know if this is what is happening, so please report back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines