Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wobbly lines in Photoshop CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys and gals!

First time posting - 'cause I'm simply getting frustrated.

So in Photoshop I'll start getting wobbly lines after a few minutes of work. After a bit of trial and error, I realized that going into the display settings and moving one of the monitors (not physically) a little and apply it - I'd not longer have wobbly lines in Photoshop. Though the problem would show itself again after a few minutes of work. So that's my (hopefully) temporary solution that doesn't really fix the problem.

Things I've done to try and fix the problem:

1. I've unplugged all monitors except for my 24HD Wacom Cintiq, then reset the computer, but the problem persisted.
  2. All drivers are up to date and working.
  3. Reverted back to legacy drivers.
  4. Deleted drivers and reinstalled them.
  5. Moved other monitors away from the 24HD Wacom Cintiq
  6. Turned off Windows Ink.
  7. Deleted all native windows drivers for tablets.
  8. Adjusted the performance and scratch disk settings in Photoshop - included turning on/off OpenCL
  9. Moved scratch disk to a 1TB external hard drive.
  10. Reverted to an old saved state for windows.
  11. Tested other programs - they work great and without wobbly lines, including; Manga Studio, Illustrator, Animate, SAI, and online drawing pads.
  12. I may have done more - but that's all I remember.

I know that maybe to other people it wobble doesn't seem glaringly apparent - but trust me when I say it's definitely there!

This is severely messing with my work flow - as a professional artist, this is torture! Please help. I've added a photo, video, and computer specs below.

Link to system specs:
https://justpaste.it/14ch8

Smooth lines on left, wobbly lines on right.

20170310_132034.jpg

Video of the problem and my temp solution:

Thanks everyone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

WinTab definitely tends to give better results than Windows Ink with Windows 8.1 and 10, but if you use your Cintiq to draw, then Lazy Nezumi Pro is a total no brainer.  In fact I have just amazed myself after trying to make the swirl below with and without LNP turned on, and discovering how shite I was without LNP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you tried turning off windows ink, did you try creating and adding the PSUserConfig.txt as per the details in this page (under "For other tablets") ? :

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

It says Windows 8 and Photoshop cc2015 but is still worth trying with Windows 10 and Photoshop CC2017

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave, thanks for replying.

I did yes, didn't help unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinTab definitely tends to give better results than Windows Ink with Windows 8.1 and 10, but if you use your Cintiq to draw, then Lazy Nezumi Pro is a total no brainer.  In fact I have just amazed myself after trying to make the swirl below with and without LNP turned on, and discovering how shite I was without LNP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor,
I downloaded Lazy Nezumi Pro about a week ago with no results - the problem keeps showing up unfortunately. Thank you for your input though! Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so apparently I was using Lazy Nezumi Pro incorrectly to solve my problem. To fix the wobbly lines:

(Open Lazy Nezumi Pro --> Settings --> Edit Photoshop Settings --> Fix jitter bug)

Thank you Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my gosh, thank you all!!!! I have been wrestling with this problem off and on for MONTHS, and had tried everything I could find on the internet. I have used Lazy Nezumi for quite a while, but I had never seen that particular checkbox. I clicked it, and VOILA!!! No more wobbly lines!!! I'm so happy!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines