• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save Preference changes in PS6?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS Sierra. I have PS6.  I can make changes to Preferences but once I close and reopen photoshop it has gone back to the default preferences so I have to reload all my actions, change the ruler settings, etc EVERY time.  How do I tell photoshop to save the preferences I tell it to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

This is probably caused by not having write permissions on the Photoshop Settings folder.

On a mac, the path to this folder should be Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings

You need both read and write permissions on this folder, and probably also folders higher up in the folder structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably caused by not having write permissions on the Photoshop Settings folder.

On a mac, the path to this folder should be Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings

You need both read and write permissions on this folder, and probably also folders higher up in the folder structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion... I did as you suggested and hoped it was that simple.  I checked all the permissions on the individual settings folders and I do have read and write permissions. Is there anything else you can think of or suggest?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Windows, so I can't really give you any further advice.

Let's hope a Mac person comes along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines