• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless loop layer/object in Photoshop ?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of like in flash I suppose. I believe symbols are capable doing that.

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Photoshop only has some basic video editing features.  I do not do video editing. If you want to do advance video editing you should look at Adobe's video editing products Premier Pro and After Effects. I would think if Adobe has support for what you want to do it would be in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! Lol somehow all of my main post got erased except for the last part! Strange. This is what I was asking:

is there a way to make an endlessly looping video layer/object in the animation timeline? I'm aware that you can convert a video layer into a smart object and then duplicate the frames to keep looping inside of the .psb, but that is a bit too manual for my liking. Is there a way to make the layer loop endlessly until I want it to stop in the timeline? As if I were to extend the layer as far as I wanted in the timeline so that it could loop for that exact amount of time. Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can loop a Gif forever and Video Players can loop a video I do not believe there is video file that in itself is a contentious loop 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select forever in the gif panel and it will play continuously in a loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I'm aware that I can make the animation loop during play by selecting those options, but that's not quite what I'm asking about.

sorry if this is confusing

So let's say you're making an animated movie on photoshop. And you want to have part of the animation continuously loop on its own without having to redraw or duplicate all the frames within the timeline. Is there a way to do that?

im not asking how to loop the entire timeline. Just part of it like a specific layer. Say it's a bunch grass moving in the wind and I don't want to redraw the grass moving everytime. What could I do to make the grass loop the same amount of frames continuously throughout the timeline?  Or is there just no shortcut to this and I have to convert the video layer into a smart object and fiddle with the .psb file instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop only has some basic video editing features.  I do not do video editing. If you want to do advance video editing you should look at Adobe's video editing products Premier Pro and After Effects. I would think if Adobe has support for what you want to do it would be in After Effects.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines