• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio does not play after paused?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, so basically the audio is in a separate layer than the animation and working just fine, but when i pause the audio and play it again, the audio is silent. i put it on loop and everytime the audio starts over it works again. this is very annoying because i need to know the exact location of where the singing of the song begins. is there anyway to fix this? id appreciate any help given, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Select the sound in the timeline, then in Properties set the Sync to be Stream instead of Event.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating an animation to go to video you should use an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, not an HTML5 Canvas FLA. With an AS3 FLA you can set the sound's sync to Stream instead of Event, and then you can start the sound playing from any point.

If you're making an animation that has to play back in HTML5, still use an AS3 FLA with Stream sync, at least until you have finished animating in time with the sound. After that you can convert the animation to HTML5 Canvas, and hopefully the animation will keep up with the sound.

Can you say more about what you're doing, before I tell you about other things that can go wrong (and how to fix them)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, jeez. didnt fully understand the first part, aha, but i created a new file as a actionscript file and there is the same problem.

here is a screen shot if that helps ^^

nWBtgvX.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the sound in the timeline, then in Properties set the Sync to be Stream instead of Event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you both! it worked ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late to the thread, but I'm having the same problem. However, I don't see a Sync option anywhere in Properties. Is there something I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when I go to properties it doesn;t show me steam neither even. btw im working on adobe animate 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on a keyframe or a frame in a layer, you will get the properties window with different sections like, Sound, Label, color effects etc. Under Sound, you can see the word Sync with dropdown option to select between stream and event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but still when I press right-click on a frame or keyframe in the layer that has audio, it does show options like insert keyframe, actions, etc. But I don't see a properties option, neither stream nor event

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry now I get it thank you for the response now i see the option 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stream and event are the two main sync properties

kglad_0-1693573200204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have one more question. sometimes when i press f6 it takes me back to the first frame and it is very fustrating, how do i solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can customize most animate shortcuts (including f6) by clicking edit>keyboard shortcuts.

kglad_0-1693662412685.png

f6 is a timeline shortcut, so expand timeline and remove f6 or change what it does (by re-assigning it) by clicking it and choosing an option

kglad_1-1693662481350.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You click on the orange bit (audio) and on the right side in PROPERTIES, it should say SYNC somewhere. Press the thing that should probably say EVENT and then change it to STREAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely helped! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines