• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending or sharing a LR Catalogue long distance

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working for a friend to categorize over 1200 images, so he can view them and use them as needed for his business.   He lives in New Mexico, I in Chicago.  I flew out there and we copied all images to two portable hard drives.  I have been creating collections and keyboarding. 

Using LR 5.5

Both of us use imacs

Lightroom has been the perfect tool for this. 

What would be the best way to send/share the Catalogue? 

Options I've considered:

1. As he has the same images in identical folders could I just send the catalogue?

2. Would dropbox work?

3. Copy my entire drive onto a new drive and ship that to him.

Appreciate any insights. 

Thanks,

Debbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debbie,

Please take a look at this article Sharing Lightroom Catalog with Multiple Computers and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debbie,

Option 2 on the list Akash linked to should work. Copy the catalog folder with the catalog, and previews to dropbox. Your friend will need to relink the image folders, but that will be easy if you kept the same folder structure for each of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you Theresa and Akash.

I don't think he has the same (or any!) folder set up--I just realized. He has the same images as I do, but not sure they are in folders. I'll probably just copy and send it on a new hard drive so there's no chance for confusion.

also, I meant to say Keywording NOT Keyboarding--!

Thank you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines