• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6: Table of Contents and Paragraph Styles

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your information. This helps me understand what is happening and is very helpful to me. I have another little problem but I am not sure if you could fix it for me without looking at my document.

I have a number of paragraph styles set up. I know what I am doing when I set up my paragraph styles. I have a 300 + page book that I am setting out with text and photos on every page. I initially had a bit of a problem working out how to add the table of contents. Since I managed to get the table of contents up, a 9 point italic font is over-riding all of the styles when I try to put in new text with that style. It does not change the style of all the work that has been previously done but if I try to put new text in no matter what style I use it has a 9 point italic font. It does not over-ride the leading though. When I select it says it is for example Para style 1 and in Paragraph Style 1 is says it is an 11 pt regular font but it is actually 9 pt italic. the only way to get it into the correct style is to override the font size and the italics. I have tried deleting all my styles with a 9 pt italic font and put them in again but it still makes no difference.

It would be great if you could make any suggestions. I have tried every thing I can think of including deleting the table of contents and the index and them putting them in again but it still persists.

Thanks again for your previous help.

KathM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This was branched from an unrelated discussion - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kath,

I have to admit that after reading your discription of your problem I have no idea…
Hm.

If you have no document open and check your Paragraphs Styles panel, do you see any style overrides with "No Paragraphs" style or the "Basic Paragraph" style indicated by a plus sign?

Overrides-No-Document-Open-2.png

Or something like that:

Overrides-No-Document-Open-1.png

Also check with the document you are seeing this when no text or text frame is selected.

Maybe it happened an override with the "No Paragraphs" style and this is causing all your formatting problems.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Para style 1" and "Paragraph style 1" sound like generic names. Can you post a screen shot of your Paragraph Styles panel? Also the definition of one of the styles? If you are basing your styles on "Basic Paragraph", that could be causing the problem. Look at that definition as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines