• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc and license 6.8 versions

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install the LR CC version and I have the 6.8 license version.  How do I install the cc version and keep the 6.8 version? Will the cc version create its own catalog? How can I get it to use the 6.8 catalog which will probably be renamed? I also want to keep the LR 6 catalog. Can both versions of LR work off the same catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Can the same ID and account be used for LR 6 and LR CC? (Curious about how this works.)

No, they have to be separate IDs.

The point is that I may not be capable of renting LR CC at some time and I don't want to lose my purchased LR 6.

At no time do you lose Lightroom 6. Your license is perpetual. The license always belongs to you.

I am assuming I can tell each LR (cc or stand alone) the catalog to use. I see some compatibility issues too. For instance availability to adjust blacks and whites in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, you don't have to install anything. You just have to sign in differently, using the Adobe account ID and password you used to purchase Lightroom CC.

If you are currently using Lightroom 6, sign out (Help->Sign Out) and exit from Lightroom. The next time you launch Lightroom, you will be requested to sign in, use the Adobe account ID and password you used to purchase Lightroom CC.

The same catalog file will be used. There is no real point to using Lightroom CC on the catalog at some point in time and Lightroom 6 on the same catalog at other points in time (unless your Lightroom CC subscription expires)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you do not understand, or I don't.  My LR 6.8 is a stand alone license version, not the CC version. Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I cannot sign out (or in) of a stand alone licensed version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do understand. Yes, you can sign out of Lightroom 6.8, go to the Help Menu and select Sign Out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you are currently using Lightroom 6, sign out (Help->Sign Out) and exit from Lightroom. The next time you launch Lightroom, you will be requested to sign in, use the Adobe account ID and password you used to purchase Lightroom CC."

Reply Question:  Can the same ID and account be used for LR 6 and LR CC? (Curious about how this works.)

"The same catalog file will be used. There is no real point to using Lightroom CC on the catalog at some point in time and Lightroom 6 on the same catalog at other points in time (unless your Lightroom CC subscription expires)"

Reply:  The point is that I may not be capable of renting LR CC at some time and I don't want to lose my purchased LR 6. I am assuming I can tell each LR (cc or stand alone) the catalog to use. I see some compatibility issues too. For instance availability to adjust blacks and whites in the brush tool in CC is not available in LR 6, so if I opened a file in LR 6, the file's brush history with blacks and whites applied would go away, I guess.

Another question for you:  If I have LRCC on 2 computers and get a new desktop and retire my old desktop (I have a desktop and lap top) how does Adobe know and allow me to put the app on the new 3rd computer? Does removing the app from the old desktop before I put it on the new desktop work? This is a migration issue questionl

Thanks again for your support and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the same ID and account be used for LR 6 and LR CC? (Curious about how this works.)

No, they have to be separate IDs.

The point is that I may not be capable of renting LR CC at some time and I don't want to lose my purchased LR 6.

At no time do you lose Lightroom 6. Your license is perpetual. The license always belongs to you.

I am assuming I can tell each LR (cc or stand alone) the catalog to use. I see some compatibility issues too. For instance availability to adjust blacks and whites in the brush tool in CC is not available in LR 6, so if I opened a file in LR 6, the file's brush history with blacks and whites applied would go away, I guess.

Incorrect. Any changes you make in LR CC can be viewed in LR 6, and vice versa.

If I have LRCC on 2 computers and get a new desktop and retire my old desktop (I have a desktop and lap top) how does Adobe know and allow me to put the app on the new 3rd computer?

You sign out of Lightroom on the old computer, and then Adobe thinks you are not using that license on the old computer, and so you now have one license in use, and when you sign in on the new computer, you are back up to using two licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you dj. Soon I will make the jump into CC. I really want to get Photoshop and start hands on learning, but if I do that, might as well get LR cc as well. As a newbie, I need all the help and questions answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot have Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 both installed and active on your computer at the same time because it is all the same program. The only difference is how you sign in to it. Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are installed with the same installer, the program is the same program. When you sign out and then sign in with your Adobe ID and password Lightroom will open as Lightroom CC. But there is nothing for you to install to change things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have seen where you can have 2 versions of LR on the same computer by using the Advanced Options and telling it to allow that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have as many different versions of Lightroom installed as you want. But Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the same version, the same installation, the same folder, the same Lightroom executable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks to you Jim Hess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines