• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc wil not read Sony a7R2 ARW files

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LRCC with my RAW (ARW) Sony a6000 files for the past year with no problems on a MAC PC (version 10.10.5)

I upgraded to a Sony A7R2 camera and now I cannot get Lightroom to read my RAW files (compressed OR uncompressed). I have already checked for LR updates and I am up to date. I'm not sure what to try...Adobe Camera Raw? Some kind of a converter program? If anyone has dealt with this same issue,  I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera requires at least version 2015.1.1.

Please go to Help > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and tell us what version number you see there.

The updater doesn't always work, but you can download the latest update (2015.9) from here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

After downloading, install the update manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The Sony A7R II has been supported since Lightroom CC 2015.1.1.

Which version of Lightroom are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LightroomCC Version 5.7 and Camera Raw 8.7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.7 is the non-Cloud perpetually licensed version of Lightroom. That explains why you cannot open A7R II Raw files. You need at least 6.1.1.

Are you a Cloud member?

If you are, you can upgrade to CC 2015.9 for no extra cost right now.

If not, you'll either have to pay to upgrade to version 6 or use the free DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a 32-bit operating system? If so, you cannot install the latest (CC 2015) version of Lightroom, it requires a 64-bit OS.

You would then either need to get a 64-bit OS, or use the free DNG converter to convert the raw files to DNG files that can be imported in Lightroom 5. Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand from her original post that she's running OS X 10.10.5 which is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'm Mac challenged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its OK. We tolerate Windows users and acknowledge their plight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines