• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EOS 1300D RAW file opening

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open RAW files from EOS 1300D with Lightroom.

My Lightroom is the last 6.9 version and works fine with my EOS 6D

My system is Windows 10 pro 64bit.

I see the same problem with older versio ... mine is full updated.

Can you help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

I was sure my hardware is ok.

Problem solved by reinstalling Lightroom. Now EOS1300D's files works as well EOS6D's file.

I beg your pardon because I should have this idea before open this topic.

Thanks to everybody for your kind and useful support.

Gianluca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please double check from within the System information in the Help menu that you really have 6.9 (or at least 6.5).

The 1300D is supported since 6.5 and your 6D would work with 6.0 as well.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm really sure. I had 6.8 and I update to 6.9 last evening trying to fix the issue.

During import Lightroom can't show a preview. Attemting to import anyway, Lightroom tell me that picture imported without all characteristics.

Should be an issue caused by too old EOS firmware version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. don't know regarding the Firmware ..

When you don't see anything in import, the files may somehow be corrupt.

In import, it can usually show an image even if the camera is not yet supported because it is sowing the jpg that has been embedded into the RAW file by the camera. A interpretation of the RAW data is made later during the import while rendering the previews.

Are you trying to import directly from the connected camera? If yes, please try to import using a card reader or move the images to the desktop with the Explorer and then try to import from there.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your help F.McLion.

I already try to import from camera, card and a copy on my PC ... same problem.

I also try with a sample RAW downloaded from Canon ... same problem.

Seems a problem regarding my system ...

Later i try to download sample RAW of last released Canon reflex and I'll try to install Lightroom on my laptop and I'll try to import with another pc system. It is a very starnge issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample RAW that is not working using some file sharing service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course !

cartoomics 2017 Monia 102.CR2 - Google Drive

At the moment I only have this file that was renamed ... I hope it is not an issue.

For other samples ... in the evening when I back to home !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried ... preview was shown in import and imported perfectly.

Nothing seems wrong with this file.

Try resetting the preferences: Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm really sure. I had 6.8 and I update to 6.9 last evening trying to fix the issue.

Please show us a screen capture of Help->System Info to confirm your version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the test F.McLion. I'll try to reset preferences and check my system.

As back home I'll send a screenshot as requested by dj_paige.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my system info screenshot as requested.Screenshot 2017-03-11 19.32.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to import? Camera connected via USB cable or  card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both way ... same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import dialog box, make sure the Destination panel on the right hand side is both present, and a valid destination folder is selected.

By the way, gianlucab63506058​, you have not stated the problem specifically, you have told us it doesn't work, you haven't given us details by telling us exactly what DOES happen on your computer. You have only told us it doesn't work. Could you please tell us what DOES happen when you try to import, and quote any error messages word-for-word. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom cannot show the preview of EOS1300D camera RAW files.

Trying to import the error message is (translation from italian) "Not supported file or damaged file"

I just finish to install Lightroom on my laptop ...

My laptop show me preview and import EOS1300D files correctly.

My last idea is to unistall Lightroom from my desktop PC and make a new installation.

Some friends of mine send me many RAW files from many Canon and Nikon camers models ... and the only unusable files are from EOS1300D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So clearly your camera is supported, you have shown us you have Lightroom 6.9 installed.

Please try this: In the Import dialog box, make sure the Destination panel on the right hand side is both present, and a valid destination folder is selected.

If that's not it, then we have some problem with the hardware on your computer where it is not able to read the files (bad card reader?, bad cable?) or the camera card is bad or the files are not being written properly (corrupted) by the camera.

Are you telling us that THE EXACT SAME PHOTOS cannot be imported on one computer but one other computer they import properly? Then this again indicates that the hardware on one computer is bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was sure my hardware is ok.

Problem solved by reinstalling Lightroom. Now EOS1300D's files works as well EOS6D's file.

I beg your pardon because I should have this idea before open this topic.

Thanks to everybody for your kind and useful support.

Gianluca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines