• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no tech support on Saturday?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently work on Saturdays to catch up. InDesign is not working properly and after an uninstall, reinstall saving preferences, then an uninstall and reinstall not saving preferences it still doesn't work. I am furious!!!! I am also dead in the water. Adobe is making a fortune and reducing services. This is wrong. Is anyone else as pissed off as I am?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum not tech support. Someone might be able to help if you describe the problem along with OS and hardware specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that in a separate post. This was the vent. Are you okay with not having support from Adobe on the weekends?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They made 5.85 billion in profit, but they cut back on customer support? I'm not okay with this and wish to get their attention, some answers and maybe start a movement. The user forum seems like the appropriate place to start.

https://petapixel.com/2016/12/16/adobe-reports-record-revenues-2016-made-5-85-billion-year/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you okay with not having support from Adobe on the weekends?

I've never thought any software vendor's tech support was particularly useful especially with apps like InDesign, which are so complex an individual wouldn't be capable of knowing all of the variables and feature interactions that could cause problems.

I would start by trashing your preferences and caches (do both), which is not the same as reinstalling.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

If that doesn't work you might consider trying the Adobe Cleaner before a reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I would also post your hardware and OS and third party plugins for others to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sarahf46750858  wrote

I did that in a separate post. This was the vent. Are you okay with not having support from Adobe on the weekends?

Is this the separate post?

InDesign opens has a header and library menu but doesn't show the workspace

It looks like Steve Werner​ answered you there. Did you try what he said?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, you'll get better help on this user forum than you'll get from using chat with an Adobe agent. The people who answer questions here are long-term users who usually understand the intricacies of using InDesign better than an agent following a canned script.

The exception being that sometimes you'll get your system screwed up and you'll have to have an Adobe engineer straighten it out. That's not something you can get much help with here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines