• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't Let Me Use Presets

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the animation presets, every time I click on one it says that it is an unsupported file. It is happening on all the presets but I cannot find any explanation on how to fix this. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there a trick to using the presets?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

If your AE is up to date and your system meets the minimum system requirements:

Add a text layer.

Find the text presets.

Select the text layer

Drag or double click the selected text preset.

Done....

If that doesn't work then we have to have workflow details down to the last decimal point. A screenshot of the layer you are having problems with with all the modified properties revealed would help. Just select the layer and press the u key twice, then Print Screen and paste to the reply field on this for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When something isn't working try using the search help field at the top right corner of the app.

There are about 10 million switches in After Effects and if you don't study up you'll never figure out how to find them.

You don't open animation presets, you apply them to layers using the menu or the effects and presets panel. I hate to sound cranky but this is really basic stuff that you should study up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the search button.

And i am a student who hasnt even used the program a month.

I did try applying through the effects and presets panel and its not working. Part of learning is asking questions of people that know more. So no need to be rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your AE is up to date and your system meets the minimum system requirements:

Add a text layer.

Find the text presets.

Select the text layer

Drag or double click the selected text preset.

Done....

If that doesn't work then we have to have workflow details down to the last decimal point. A screenshot of the layer you are having problems with with all the modified properties revealed would help. Just select the layer and press the u key twice, then Print Screen and paste to the reply field on this forum. If you are using a Mac the Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 then drag from the desktop.

Just saying something doesn't work does not give us much to go on.

If you have not done so yet start here: Basic AE

Lots of information here on how to use and create animation presets that can be found by using the Search Help field. I've been using AE for more than 20 years and I use Search Help all the time to see if there is anything new and to remind myself when I'm rusty...

Search results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Bridge to try to apply the text presets, don't; it's broken.

Use Bridge to preview them, if you want, but you have to use the Effects and Presets panel to apply them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what is going on with these text presets? I rarely use them these days, but needed one recently and Bridge is a freaking nightmare now. Previews sometimes work, sometimes not. Occasional error when applying. Is there any quality control over there these days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines