• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 6 preview not available for scanned photos

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just starting so completely new at this.  I see others with problems not seeing previews for raw files or prior versions of Lightroom.  My problem is scanned photos.  I thought the problem was I saved as TIF but some JPEG have the same problem.  I don't understand forums like this as well.  Sorry if I'm not efficient here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

What software are you using to do your scanning? I use Vuescan, and my JPEG and TIF images always have previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to do your scanning? I use Vuescan, and my JPEG and TIF images always have previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon IJ Scan Utility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software could be the problem, but I'm not sure. You might see if there are other scanning utilities that you could try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I downloaded Vuescan and with one photo it seemed to work.  I'll test it more.  Do you have a straightforward explanation as to what the software does?  It seems like it does something to differentiate the file.  I want to make sure I'm getting photos scanned in a way they will be accessible going forward.  I'm archiving 70+ years of my parents photos.  It also looks like I need to pay for Vuescan so I need to make sure it works and I really don't know what else to look for expect to test a group of photos for the specific problem I'm having today.  Also any recommendation as to if it's valuable to pay the higher price for unlimited updates?  Thank you so, so much for steering me this direction.  I would have never figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the middle of scanning 50 years of slides, negatives and prints. Vuescan Is the software I have used for a number of years. I first purchased the standard Version which includes one year of updates.  Then I exercised my option to pay the extra to have unlimited updates. Vuescan is more of a generic scanning program that supports hundreds of different scanners. I use a CanoScan 9000F. I simply configure Vuescan to scan whatever type of media I'm working with, and it does it. I don't know what else to tell you. It just works for me. It's possible to scan all types of media. If you want to you can create PDF files. You'll have to decide whether or not you want to purchase it. You could just pay the standard price  and then decide  later if you want to pay the extra for the upgrade. Vuescan is a pretty mature piece of software.  I don't know that there are upgrades that improve its scanning capabilities that much. Probably the only time you would really need updates is if you purchased new scanner that isn't supported in the version that you are using. I must say that Mike Harrick, author of the software, is always available to answer e-mail questions. Support is excellent. In my opinion the software is top notch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines