Exit

Lightroom with Enable Profile Corrections automatically on by default

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: Lightroom version 6.8, Camera Raw 9.8

Camera: Sony a7

I just noticed this recently when going through my Lightroom catalog, but it would appear as though all my photos after August 26, 2016 have "Enable Profile Corrections" on by default. After searching this forum for this issue, I found a solution of:

1. Select one un-edited photo and then go to the Develop module

2. Turn off "Enable Profile Corrections"

3. Develop > Set Default Settings > Update to Current Settings

However, afterwards if I restore the settings back by:

1. Develop > Set Default Settings > Restore Adobe Default Settings

2. Click on "Reset" in the lower right corner

Then "Enable Profile Corrections" is again turned on while resetting all the other develop settings. As such, my question is: did Adobe make a change sometime after August 26, 2016 to have "Enable Profile Corrections" on as a default setting? Or is something corrupted in my settings? Any response would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

One way to tell is to reset the LR Preferences file. I would make a copy of the current one to some other folder then delete the original. Do that with LR closed and the next time LR is opened the preference file will be recreated. If you still have the same thing happen then I guess Adobe set the lens profile to be on for your camera and lens combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to tell is to reset the LR Preferences file. I would make a copy of the current one to some other folder then delete the original. Do that with LR closed and the next time LR is opened the preference file will be recreated. If you still have the same thing happen then I guess Adobe set the lens profile to be on for your camera and lens combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay, but thank you very much to the both of you for kindly responding! I have tried resetting the Preferences file, so when Lightroom is launched I am presented with all the initial tour. However, even doing so, when I click on "Reset" in the Develop module, all adjustments are reset but "Enable Profile Corrections" turns on. For photos that were not edited but imported before August 26, 2016, all settings are blank and "Enable Profile Corrections" is off. Once "Reset" is clicked though, "Enable Profile Corrections" turns on. Further, going through my library, the behavior appears to differ depending on the camera/lens combination. The following appears to be what I am experiencing:

Sony A7 + Sony lens: "Reset" => Enable Profile Corrections turns on

Sony A7 + "dumb" adapter + Nikon lens: "Reset" => Enable Profile Corrections NOT turned on

Nikon body + Nikon lens: "Reset" => Enable Profile Corrections NOT turned on

I am beginning to think that sometime after August 26, 2016 Adobe may have changed the default behavior for "Enable Profile Corrections" for at least the Sony A7 + Sony lens combination. Out of curiosity, does anybody from Adobe comment on these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the Develop setting to LR defaults. While in the Develop module go to the Develop menu item then "Set Default Settings" item and in the dialog that comes up click the button that says "Restore Adobe Default Settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your prompt response! I tried resetting the default Lightroom Develop settings by:

Develop > Set Default Settings > Restore Adobe Default Settings

However, afterwards when I click on "Reset" in the Develop module, all edits are indeed reset, but "Enable Profile Corrections" turns on for all of the photos in my library taken with the Sony A7 + Sony lens combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded several Sony A7 arw files and in every one of them the Lens Corrections Enable Profile Corrections is checked. So that seems to be the Default for that camera and lenses.

Sony A7 Lens correction.PNG

So I personally would stop worrying about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the screen capture for Lightroom Preferences > presets Tab and check if you have the option to make defaults to be Camera and ISO specific. Possible that this may be affecting the develop settings. My lens corrections is not set to on by default.Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 8.35.13 AM.png

Just a thought, when you reset the defaults it does not change the previous imports. This is applied at import.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Just Shoot Me' response is the first thing I would try and what should work, if it does not one workaround to try would be to create a preset with the lens correction turned off and apply it during import and see if that is a viable workaround. To my knowledge Adobe has not made "Enable Profile Corrections" On a default setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines