• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Text Template Issue

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I work for a company that is super frustrating when it comes to CC. In a weird way, I don't actually have a CC account? Too long to explain, but that may ultimately be part of my issue.

I am trying to create a live text template in AE. When I go to advanced composition settings, the template box is not there to be able to be checked as seen in tutorials. I have Preserve frame rate when nested or in render queue and Preserve resolution when nested, but not "Template". Any thoughts/help?

I have version 14.1.0.57

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

The Text Template checkbox was removed in After Effects CC 2017, and the behavior is now on by default for all compositions. This means you don't need the checkbox, any composition can be a text template.

Also, are you aware of the new text templates workflow that encapsulates the comp and any source files into a single, portable .aecap file? Details here:

After Effects CC In-Depth: New Features | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Text Template checkbox was removed in After Effects CC 2017, and the behavior is now on by default for all compositions. This means you don't need the checkbox, any composition can be a text template.

Also, are you aware of the new text templates workflow that encapsulates the comp and any source files into a single, portable .aecap file? Details here:

After Effects CC In-Depth: New Features | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you d oif the option to export as a text template is greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a single composition selected in the Project panel for the Export Composition As Text Template command to be available. It does not work with multiple compositions at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having same trouble. Only one composition selected, literally only a text layer - nothing else - but export as text template AND "Save as" options both greyed out. Any ideas how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines