• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the white background of this image after I cropped the background out?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Quick Select tool and isolated/cropped the image of the Knight in Photoshop and now

I placed it into Illustrator but as you can see in the video screen shot below, the white background

around the Knight is still there.  How can I get rid of the background in Photoshop so that I just

have the image of the Knight? I want to place the image of the Knight on top of the art work

on the left.

Thank you.

https://youtu.be/sCCSDVOC0E0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Once you select the knight, tap the cmd J key to jump that selection onto a new layer without the white background. Turn off the base layer so that you can see the transparency white/gray checkerboard. Select that layer and under the File menu, Export your selection from Photoshop as a .png with transparency. Place png in illustrator.

png-export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it is still an image there will always be the white background (unless you save as PNG and dont have a White background as the default). so a thing you can do is select and copy the knight then paste him onto a transparen background.

For another thing you can do, that will most likely look bad, but you could try to trace te image, then go to the preset that is the most detailed (think it is high fidelity photo). you can then marke the knight, ungroup and delete the white background. (dont know if this will work flawlessly tho)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you select the knight, tap the cmd J key to jump that selection onto a new layer without the white background. Turn off the base layer so that you can see the transparency white/gray checkerboard. Select that layer and under the File menu, Export your selection from Photoshop as a .png with transparency. Place png in illustrator.

png-export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines