• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save an edited video clip in its own file?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 12. I have loaded a dvd with miscellaneous different videos that I want to split out and separate into different files, and edit in the process. I can do the editing and clipping but can't seem to find any way to save the separate videos. Publish+Share just seems to save everything into one massive file again. I don't see the point of that.

I have seen similar questions asked from several years ago but the answers do not answer this very simple question which I repeat.

I can highlight a section of split video but I can't seem to save that highlighted piece on it's own. This seems so trivially simple that I apologize in advance if it is dumb newbie question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the work area bar on the timeline in expert mode only over the part you want to save separately and then export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, although unfortunately I haven't advanced to Expert yet. Under Quick the selected clip is clear. When going to Expert I don't even know what I am looking at let alone where "export" is. I guess I need to find more tutorials or is this as simple as I imagine it should be. If it's not to much trouble, please advise some appropriate menu commands to point me in the righ direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elind  wrote

I don't even know what I am looking at let alone where "export" is.

Export is "share."  Same animal, different name.

Elind  wrote

Thanks, although unfortunately I haven't advanced to Expert yet. Under Quick the selected clip is clear.

I've never used Quick and don't have Premiere Elements installed now.

This may help you with the work area bar:

WAB - Work Area Bar - What's That?

Work area bar

Some general help:

Premiere Elements - Basic Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that helps a bit although the Muvipix link needs a subscription, but I did now see that on my file dropdown menu Export is grayed out and a number of options are not there for me. The demo was for 13 and I have 12, but does this mean I haven't registered this or something else? I've had the, legal, package a few years but only recently tried to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elind  wrote

OK, that helps a bit although the Muvipix link needs a subscription,

Those particular downloads are free, but you do have to register on the site, much like you have to register here, because there is also a free forum.

Elind  wrote

The demo was for 13 and I have 12, but does this mean I haven't registered this or something else?

I am not sure, but I think that version 13 is similar to version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines