• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Load LR

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the disk.  Now to install I need to type a username and password.  neither of which I have.  Tried to use Adobe ID (forced to create by the way) and password, but they do not work.  What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

It is asking for your computer username password. Not an Adobe ID password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During install a setup box comes up asking to type my username and password.  However, I don't have either for the adobe set up to make changes.  None of the adobe passwords that i just created work.  How can this be so hard to complete.  Wish i had never bought the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably your computer's operating system asking you to enter your local admin username and password to authorize it to install the software. Nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think so since it is an adobe pop up box.  Lock with adobe symbol in corner of the pop up box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 3.32.31 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely your Mac operating system asking you to enter your local computer admin username and password to allow software to be installed. Nothing to do with Adobe even though the Adobe logo appears in the dialogue box.

Macs normally present this box whenever you install new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version of LR you are trying to install. If it is LR 6 and you bought a CD/DVD of it the serial number is in the packaging.

Find your serial number

As for Signing in that is a requirement to use LR 6. If you created an Adobe ID log in to the main Adobe site (The Adobe link at the top of this thread and any page of the forums) to check you are using the correct email address and password. IIRC Adobe would of sent you a conformation email to the email address you used and to activate the Adobe ID account you have to respond to that email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.  Trying to load from a disk.  Went to website and used redemption code.  Once I try to proceed with the install, it has pop up box that states:  "setup wants to make changes.  Type your password to allow."  I have typed my apple ID and password, neither work.  I have also tried the adobe password, which also does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is asking for your computer username password. Not an Adobe ID password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  I feel stupid now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of service. Post back with any other problems. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to feel stupid about a poor UI design from Apple.

They should have designed it better so it's more self-explanatory. We get questions like this in the forums every week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that, but no username and password identified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines