• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to precisely set position of video on screen?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a new user and am trying to figure out how to move the video around on the screen to a specific position.

For example, if I add a video to my project and then in the preview window I click on the video image I get small 8 blue squares around the perimeter by which I can grab and drag to resize the video on the screen. I can also grab and move the video around on the screen. My problem is that after moving it or resizing it, I wanted to put it exactly back in place, but I can't see how to do so. I could eyeball it, but I am assuming there is a way to precisely put it back without eyeballing pixel perfect placement which is hard to do.

Also, sometimes I want to move the video up a certain distance from the bottom of the screen (to add in some text without clipping the bottom of the video). Is there a way to precisely move it up X pixels? This is basically the same question as above...just another use for the same feature...a feature that I cannot find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Aha!

I assume I have found it! Wow! That took at least 30 minutes total!

I found settings in "Applied Effects" (in right side menu) under "Motion" that apparently apply to the video clip even if there is no "motion" so to speak. They allowed me to do everything I asked about in my question above!

Glad I found it! I was getting worried I would need a more expensive Video Editor. So far, Premiere Elements is pretty good!

Posted in case anyone else needs help with this.

Thanks!

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to start here:

Adobe Premiere Elements Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens,

Please don't take offense, but I asked a specific question and was expecting a specific answer. Your answer is a little condescending and does not help. I have already looked at a LOT of the Getting Started info and videos. And for my specific question that I needed help with today I spent a lot of time searching Adobe's help and Google.

I am thankful I was able to figure it out myself.

Thanks

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a lot of time searching Adobe's help and Google.

Should have told that up front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha!

I assume I have found it! Wow! That took at least 30 minutes total!

I found settings in "Applied Effects" (in right side menu) under "Motion" that apparently apply to the video clip even if there is no "motion" so to speak. They allowed me to do everything I asked about in my question above!

Glad I found it! I was getting worried I would need a more expensive Video Editor. So far, Premiere Elements is pretty good!

Posted in case anyone else needs help with this.

Thanks!

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the answer Joe. As you say sometimes the answers do not leap out at you from the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the answer Joe. As you say sometimes the answers do not leap out at you from the documentation.

By @justinw86398615

Justin,

The dates on this discussion are from 2017!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvoted you for powers of observaton

Actually, as you probably guessed I felt like responding because it was a good question by the OP and an obnoxious response by the Community Expert Ann Bens about "read the documentation" and "should have told that upfront" (as well as being bad English), so I felt like 'defending' Joe - which I did quite politely, I think. I also wanted to highlight to other users that both his question and answer has value, now in 2023, as in 2017. 

take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your gentle nudging!   I don't think English is Ann's native.  If I remember right she might be Dutch.  Her answerers are always brief.   In the domain of regular helpers in this system she is a major contributor.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines