• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't my InDesign find Acrobat?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use Acrobat to change files into .pdfs. I have Acrobat 8 and it's been working fine. Suddenly my InDesign program says it cannot find Acrobat.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a bit more information (such as platform - Windows or MacOS and version of same and version of InDesign), there isn't much we can do to even guess at the cause of your symptoms much less a solution.

- Dov

PS:     Acrobat doesn't “change files into .pdfs” but rather, can be part of the process of creating PDF files from other file formats.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have windows 10, Acrobat 8, and Indesign CS3. And I understand, that was a poor choice of word (change vs create).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get hold of my son-in-law, and he was able to walk me through this issue. For some reason InDesign had reset itself to using Word. I'm the only one that uses this and I know I didn't reset it. Don't recall any updates lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 8 is no longer supported by Adobe and most likely has not been updated to work with Windows 10. I would expect that some update to Widows 10 or InDesign broke the link to Acrobat 8. Even if you can reestablish the link you might lose in the future due to some update to Windows 10 or InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines