• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't import

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid 2010 mac pro w/four internal hard drives, one of which has all things photo, including the Lightroom catalog; it's running OS X 10.10.5 Yosemie

I’m running Lightroom CC 2015.3 Release  Camera Raw 9.3

I’ve been using Lightroom for a year, current catalog has ~35k files.

My issue: Lightroom won’t import files likely because I aborted an import.

What happens: With Lightroom open I click on the <Import…> tab, navigate to the folder I want and click on it.

It opens, but the grid contains no thumbnails, only file names. If I double click a “picture”, a preview of the file opens; if I right click the “picture” and click on “show in finder” a finder window opens with the proper file hi-lighted and in the correct location on the hard drive. In other words, Lightroom is acting as if the file has already been imported (because of the aborted import?).

IMG_1.jpg

I have tried:

unchecking the “Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates” box under “File Handling"

resetting the presets folder

deleting the preset folder and rebooting

restoring the catalog to a previously dated backup

importing to a new catalog

restoring the entire photo hard drive to a previously dated time machine backup

None has worked.

There might be some Lightroom files resident on the home drive that’s preventing a proper reset, but I’d rather not do random time machine restorations on that drive.

A final twist - I have loaded these files onto a late '07 13" macbook running OS X 10.7.5 and Lightroom 5.7.3 with no problems.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

I also note from your screen clip that the folder you are trying to import has .MOV video files in it.

I have read forum threads where this can cause import problems.

Can you try and use the operating system /Finder and separate the videos from the images- by moving them out to another folder. Then try the import of the images folder only.

And turn off 'Smart Previews'- these can be easily created at a later time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One likely cause is a corrupt monitor profile.

Check the support page- Photos appear as black, gray, or blank rectangles in Lightroom

and- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed suggestions in both links - issue persists.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also note from your screen clip that the folder you are trying to import has .MOV video files in it.

I have read forum threads where this can cause import problems.

Can you try and use the operating system /Finder and separate the videos from the images- by moving them out to another folder. Then try the import of the images folder only.

And turn off 'Smart Previews'- these can be easily created at a later time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .MOV files were the culprit. Moved them to a separate folder and all's well.

I'm sure I'd have found it on my own sometime in April.

Thanks for giving me my life back./

jk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines