• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing multiple images to multiple pieces of photo paper using a user template.

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a user template and would like to send multiple images to the printer using this template.  However, if I select multiple images and drag and drop onto the displayed user template, it only creates one page.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks, Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

If you create a 12 x 18 template and use it instead of a custom package, you can highlight multiple images to print in that template and then Lightroom will print them all with one print command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the "Custom Package" option- then No, you must create each page individually and send to the attached printer, or to a jpg file one-at-a-time.  (Lightroom has no way of knowing how you want multiple images filling multiple 'Custom' page cells)

If you use "Single Image/Contact Sheet" you can create multiple image pages (but limited to columns/rows designs)  and if you select multiple photos, these will auto-fill multiple pages. (So a 4xphoto template and 16 selected photos- would auto-create four pages to print)

("Picture Package" is not useful as it prints the same photo multiple times on each page.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the response.  I am using a custom package with only one cell.  I can see now why LR is doing it this way.  If there are multiple cells within the package then it would not know how to fill the cells with multiple images.  I would like to batch print multiple images to a single cell, 12x18 custom package, but this looks like I will have to do them one at a time. I wonder how portrait photographers would print multiple 8x10's from a selection of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a 12 x 18 template and use it instead of a custom package, you can highlight multiple images to print in that template and then Lightroom will print them all with one print command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 to Jim's post.

Yes if you only want one photo per paper page then "Single Image/Contact Sheet"  is the way.

(Hint: Do not use any of the 'default' templates provided by Lr.)

Set your desired paper size 12x18 in the Printer Setup,

Set your desired image (cell) 1 column, 1 row,  size 8x10, & margins, in the Print Layout panels.

You can then print any number of photos that you have selected on the filmstrip with one command to "Print" and have the printer loaded with much paper.

Be aware the images should all be either landscape or portrait format, and preferably all cropped to 4:5 so as to correctly 'fill' the 8x10 template.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines