Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mocha AE not starting with project's path

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried to first-time use Mocha AE today, it starts with no prob if I select a clip in AE and go to "Animation -> Track with Mocha AE". But then it opens the "new project"-window without selecting the path of the saved AE-project. It also won't automatically select the video from AE, too. Instead it only shows "new" as the project name and "results" as the file-location.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details like exact version info, details about your project and so on. Start by actually saving your AE project first.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved it ofcourse. What Systeminfo? I doubt it should matter which CPU is in the PC.

Windows7 x64, CC-membership. Latest updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some video codecs are not supported in mocha Ae . Convert you video to a popular video format like quicktime animaton then do the same steps and it should work out fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accordingly to Documentation « Imagineer Systems MP4 (H.264) shouldn't be a prob.

And, since I get no error, I assume that's a bug that the project-files won't open up as you can see eg. in this video:

How to handle difficult motion tracking with mocha AE CC - YouTube

In that video, MochaAE opens up and automatically shows the (in AE selected) file to track, That's not happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mp4 is  the container but not the codec. this file could be from a codec that mocha does not support. in my experience it definitely happens on occasion with mp4 files and the result is what you are getting.

this is from the documentation as well:

What to Do if Mocha Does Not Support Your Footage

In the rare event that you are working in a format that mocha doesn’t support, we recommend converting the footage to an image sequence.

If you are just tracking, you can use any compressed format such as a JPG sequence and then use your original footage when you apply the data.  If you are going to be doing rendering, such as using Mocha Pro’s remove or insert modules, then we recommend converting to a DPX or TIFF sequence.

Make sure of the following when converting to an image sequence:

1. The frame rate, aspect ratio and dimensions are the same as the original footage.
  2. If you are creating proxy footage, make sure the aspect ratio and frame rate are the same.
  3. If you are using a particular bit depth, make sure you convert to the same depth if you are using the footage for rendering inside mocha
  4. If using compressed footage, don’t set the compression too low, as this will create artifacts that may hinder tracking and roto.
  5. Make sure mocha supports the sequence you are converting to!

If you would prefer to convert to a movie clip format then we recommend a standard format that QuickTime would understand, such as Animation. If you are working on OSX, ProRes can also be a good alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, as I said it uses H.264 and that is supported. Even Uncompressed AVI doesn't work.

It is in fact kind of ridicules that I have to convert the footage a series of stillframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do you have the essential components of quicktime installed? If you don't then probably any quicktime container won't work.

2. If you have it installed, Have you tried rendering to Qt Animation? I have found cases where  some mp4 h264 are not supported.

3.You could take it up with Mocha Ae forum in the developers site where you will get direct answers from the team. maybe share your findings here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can load and save any type of MP4-file I have as footage. I'm on Windows, not MacOS.
Until now I haven't had a reason to install Quicktime, it brings some garbage on the PC (like a silly update-wizard and stuff) that I don't need.

I will try, though and install Quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE-Mocha.PNG

Nope, also with Quicktime installed MochaAE won't take over the footage from AfterEffects. It's a fresh install, so I'm kind of annoyed.... I feel like a Beta-tester for Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for updating what did not work. I would try steps 2 and 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DelphiDelphin wrote:

I feel like a Beta-tester for Adobe....

Well, that's because you ARE!  Surprise!  It's the all-new Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program, and it comes with every new version of Creative Cloud!  Aren't you excited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but... that did NOT help. It's clearly a software-bug. I use the software as it was intended to, and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a bug. Try the Mocha Ae forum and share what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem but I cant see to figure it out.

I have two PCs (one old & one new) as I am upgrading. Mocha AE is missbehaving on my new one so I created two projects, one on each PC, each with the same clips and opended the same identical MP4 files in in Mocha AE on both. The old PC works fine but the new PC does not pull accross any of the data from the clip or location. It just does a default 'New' and 'Results'.

I have reinstalled AE cc2017 twice on the new PC but  it wont make a difference. When you manually fill in the details and then save, you just get a blank Mocha UI without the clip you wanted.

I have contacted Mocha Support but they seem to just say convert to image sequence. Thats not a solution as I can actually see it works with the same files on my other PC. There has to be some kind of install issue? Or my new PC is not allowing it to do something?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issues. Mocha Ae won't open the file from the project or any file. I've change saving files in different locations, different formats, different names but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mocha ae forum. the Mocha team is there and can probably help you with this:

https://forum.borisfx.com/c/mochaae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines