Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Profiles and Destination

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started designing a booklet and the color profile was CMYK Web Coated SWOP v2.

Upon exporting, will no color conversion mess my file. How does this whole thing work? I see convert to destination and no color conversion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "CMYK Web Coated SWOP v2" the right profile, the one specifically given to you by your print service? If you don't have a print service, how will it be printed instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see convert to destination and no color conversion?

InDesign lets you mix objects with different color modes on the same page (RGB, CMYK, Lab, and Grayscale). If you chose No Color Conversion, all of the object color modes will export unchanged and the Profile Inclusion Policy choice determines whether color profiles are included with the native color and linked graphics.

If you choose Convert to Destination and set the Destination profile to Document CMYK your document's CMYK colors and swatches will export unchanged. RGB and Lab colors and links will be converted into your document's CMYK space using the assigned CMYK profile. Linked grayscale values will export unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines