• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom v6.9cc slideshow does not keep draft as default,is it a bug?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have updated lightroom to v6.9 CC (2015.9) from 6.8

maybe i'm wrong ,and i'm not sure because i used rarely the slideshow features , but if i remember right the first v6 version don't need to create preview to start a slideshow

well can somebody tell me if there is something wrong?

first i have selected some photos in the library panel (6) and i clicked on the slideshow , lightroom v6.9 started to create all the preview of every photos i have on my catalog

i created a new catalog with 174 photos only for test porpouse

qaW3PcR.png

cgZq1mS.png

second i tried to set to draft (slideshow preferences) but every time i close and start lightroom it sets it back to standard

T00FfdO.png

pyfXZ8d.png

i run the last version under windows 10 pro 64bit updated

1)

about lightroom that can Not keep in their preference quality Draft is it a bug ?

2)

and that when i start a slideshow is normal that i have selected few photos and lightroom start to create preview of all my catalog?

3) Am I right that the first version of lightroom v6 don't need to create preview to run a slideshow?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Hi Giovannivolontè,

Could you please try the steps mentioned below: -

1. Create a new catalog.

2. Import a few images into the new catalog, while importing the images make sure that you have Build Smart Previews checked under file handling on the top right in the import panel.

3. Then try clicking on Slideshow and see if it starts creating previews or not.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giovannivolontè,

Could you please try the steps mentioned below: -

1. Create a new catalog.

2. Import a few images into the new catalog, while importing the images make sure that you have Build Smart Previews checked under file handling on the top right in the import panel.

3. Then try clicking on Slideshow and see if it starts creating previews or not.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

i did exactly as you suggested

i have created 1 new catalog ,imported 50 photos with Built smart previews Enabled and i have clicked to start the slideshow from the library panel -> i could see the preparing preview window (like the screenshot)  for less then a second , i could barely see the window and the slideshow starts immediately ! thanks a lot

but not solved about the slideshow preferences -> quality

lightroom v6.9 and 6.8 can keep in its preferences the quality draft or standard or high

I can't not setup to draft or hight , at every restart lightroom set it to standard again!

is it normal?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines