• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export history log to a txt file?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I want to export history log to a txt file ( about 5000 photos ), but I don't know how to do it.

Does there any existing plug-in  or other method can do this?

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

I want to export history log to a txt file ( about 5000 photos ), but I don't know how to do it.

Others have also requested that feature. Please add your me-too vote and details of why you want the feature to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: export history log | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If you provide more detail about the end goal you're trying to accomplish, we might be able to suggest other ways of getting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom doesn't have a history log unlike Photoshop, The log of what has been edited in LR is the develop settings, not the history.

You could take screenshots of the edits for educational or other practices.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have also requested that feature. Please add your me-too vote and details of why you want the feature to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: export history log | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If you provide more detail about the end goal you're trying to accomplish, we might be able to suggest other ways of getting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lead photo workshops, part of which always includes post-capture processing of images. Students have requested that I export the final photos to them, with the history so they can study what was done to achieve the final version of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Students have requested that I export the final photos to them, with the history so they can study what was done to achieve the final version of the image."

A somewhat less useful way of doing this:

Rather than using LR Export, select the photo and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File. Then give the students the original photo (and if it's raw, the .xmp sidecar as well).  The develop settings will be embedded in the photo's metadata.  The students can import the photo into their LR and examine the settings in the Develop window.

It's less useful because it's not immediately apparent when you've applied some settings, such as local adjustments. You have to click on each of the adjustment tools to see if they've been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines