• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden layer occupies space -> only once on approx. 50 pages of the same document; known problem?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

one of my documents in InDesign CC 2015 has problems with layering, but I am not able to find the wrong thing in the passage or the wrong paragraph setting. The page has the same text frames in both layers (whole page minus head- and foot). But only one layer can take place depending on how long the text lasts. At the end of the passage on one layer, the passage of the other layer starts and when I reduce one of the text frames the other one immediatelly takes place in the free area.

On all other pages everything works fine and the text on the different layers use the same space on the page. Without hiding one I can see them both. Does anybody know this Problem and has an idea how to rescue me and my document?

Regards Monika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

My guess is that your text frame on top layer has Text Warp

frame.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that your text frame on top layer has Text Warp

frame.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like one of the frames on that page may have a Text Wrap applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So easy and so powerful!!!

Thank you very much vinny38 and SJRiegel. That's it!!! My solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines