• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rotated video rendering upside down with codecs

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello ... ... I have an .mp4 video from my phone that is upside down ... so I imported it into AE, placed it on the main composition, rotated it, and added the main composition to the render queue ...

if I render it using all default settings, the rendered .avi is good: rightside up and good video quality, BUT the filesize  is too massive ...

... therefore I tried various compression codecs (via the Output Module Settings' Format Options button) ...

... ... but now videos render upside down !!! ignoring that I rotated the video on its composition layer !!!

Any thoughts please ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

it appears that handbrake can be used alone to rotate the video ... and I can avoid the very heavy AE ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media may be variable frame rate. If so, convert the video to constant frame rate with HandBrake before importing to After Effects..

Use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your video in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello ... thanks ... I am not sure what handbrake is, but I would like to avoid any other tools ... I'm hoping that AE, alone, can rotate my phone videos ... thanks ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it appears that handbrake can be used alone to rotate the video ... and I can avoid the very heavy AE ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT TO ORIGINAL POST:

when I use Cinepak Codec by Radius, it renders as expected (right-side-up), but the quality is bad ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines