Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting excel to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently installed the "Adobe Acrobat DC" which includes the feature to covert word and excel into PDF as well as being able to combine the files.

When I convert excel it brings in thousands of cells which are empty meaning the PDF is a few hundred pages long with only one or two pages containing any information. How do I limit the area the PDF chooses from?

Thanks,

Andrew

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excel seems to add rows and columns to the active area of the Excel worksheet. I would delete all empty rows and columns outside of your active area of the worksheet before converting to a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response gkaiseril​,

Unfortunately I have tried that and it doesn't work, any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Excel, highlight just the area you wish to convert, and set that as your Print Area.  That should do it for you - I just did this procedure a few minutes ago, and it works for me.  In my Excel 2013, the command is in the Page Layout tab.

i hope that helps.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave__M,

That works alright - but it isnt the most efficient way if youre combinig excel witha word doc for example as youd need to save the PDF that came from the PDF and then go to combine that PDF with the work doc.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also double check the settings for PDF Maker to make sure they are set to perform the conversion your want. For Excel there are many options for handling workbooks from dealing with a single worksheet to all worksheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines