• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flip object

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for flip (horizontal / vertical) transformation tool, is it implemented yet?

Any work arounds?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

also as a workaround, the object will 'flip' if you resize it past the side you want to flip it on. Like to flip to the right, resize by dragging resize handle at the left border over the right border. (and if you hold Shift key while resizing, it will keep image proportions)

HTH!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's the Flip vertical/horizontal feature request on the Adobe XD Feature requests page, it's in our backlog.

Thanks,

Dan Popa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also as a workaround, the object will 'flip' if you resize it past the side you want to flip it on. Like to flip to the right, resize by dragging resize handle at the left border over the right border. (and if you hold Shift key while resizing, it will keep image proportions)

HTH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not finding this works with imported images, unless I'm doing something wrong? See the animated gif attached.

XD.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes resizing past the side wouldn't 'flip' imported image, this is by design.

You can add a new feature request to change that, or you can add your vote or comments on feature request for 'flip'

Flip vertical/horizontal – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design implies defining user pain-points and having empathy for said users.  Those 2 things were obviously lacking when it came to deciding whether or not to include a "reflect object" functionality in XD.  Let me know if you all need to hire someone who effectively applies design thinking to all his projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!  This is the most ridiculous functionality.  I can't believe this wasn't a basic feature added to the the very first version of XD!  Duh!  I mean, it's not like I don't use the reflect function every single day in any and all design programs I use.  Sometimes I wonder if Adobe hires people who DON'T think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about text filp function? not about object, that function is exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't work with the latest version of XD seems like I do it and keeps displaying the same image orientation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using elements 2019 and its different from the older versions.  I need help.  I was making a collage, added the second layer and tried to flip it vertically.  It flipped ok but the first layer did also.  The second layer came from a cut, copy and paste from first one.  As I said, when I try the flip the one, both layers flip.  The older versions I have used would flip whichever layer was highlighted.  I hope this is understandable.  Am I doing something wrong or omitting a step. Help me if you can, I would appreciate it. 

Wayne

element

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements question? If so, I suggest posting on those forums for assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines