• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe - Tell me why I should renew my subscription? [LR CC performs very slowly on well specified system - hours to edit a single photo]

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

You recently sent a pop-up survey to me through Lightroom asking what would make me more likely to recommend LR CC to a friend.  Here is the reply that I sent back:

What would make me more likely to recommend LR CC to a friend?  Fixing the program so it works as advertised!  My frustration level with LR CC (2015.8 Release) has reached the breaking point.  It becomes nearly impossible to edit photos when using the adjustment brush.  LR CC takes FOREVER to catch up as you work with the brush.  A photo that should take just a few minutes to edit can literally take several hours to work on because of how slow LR responds.  I am paying for a yearly service/program does not work as it should. If I ran my own business this way I would be put out of business in a very short time.  I am not getting what was promised when I signed up.  This is not a new issue with LR.  I have been searching the forums for months trying to find a solution that will at the very least speed up the process or correct the problem.  There are hundreds of complaints about how slow LR operates and it appears that with no resolution Adobe just plain does not care about the customer anymore.  I am thoroughly disappointed in LR and Adobe and am actively searching for replacement editing software that actually works.  I am a semi-pro photographer and I need reliable editing software that works as promised and does not take hours to edit a single photo.  I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607, build 14393.576. My processor is an Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40/3.41 GHz.  I have 16 GB of installed RAM.  It is a 64-bit operating system.  My display adaptor is a NVIDIA Quadro K2200.  So in answer to your pop-up survey question, no – I would not recommend LR CC to a friend or colleague.  And yes, I would be VERY happy to discuss this with someone at Adobe.

It was no surprise that I did not hear back from anyone at Adobe regarding to my response to their survey.

So now my early Lightroom + Photoshop CC Photography plan is coming due for renewal. My question to you Adobe is why should I renew my subscription?  Why should I give you more money just so I can spend the next 12 months pulling my hair out trying to use your product?  Can you tell me if you are addressing any of your LR Community’s concerns? Are you going to introduce a new build that fixes the issues that many of us are complaining about?  The ball is now in your court.  Please give me a reason why I should renew my subscription.  Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe here. We're Lightroom users. Adobe will not answer questions in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - my bad.  Thought I was in the right spot.  Thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Lightroom. It's never taken hours to edit a photo on either platform in the 10 years that I have been using it on my Dell or my Mac Book Pro. I would have poked my eyes out if I had a similar scenario to what you are describing.

For what it's worth have you tried to edit one of your photos on someone elses system? BTW - my mbp is a late 2011 model with a new motherboard, ssd internal drive and I am operating the most current OS and Lr version. Seriously try another machine and see if it takes you hours to edit a photo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the forum is run under adobe.com but Adobe is not paying any attention to it? Then where is the place where Adobe does pay attention?

Thanks
Alexander.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A photo that should take just a few minutes to edit can literally take several hours to work on because of how slow LR responds.

Are you serious about this observation? Is it accurate to say hours to edit on your system?

Can you give us an example of the kinds of images you're editing and what edits you do? Maybe post a link to one here.

Even better would be a screencast to show us what you do so we can see the issue in action.

Like cmgap's reply above, I have never experienced such slow performance from LR in many years of using it on Windows and Mac so I'd be curious to know what's different about your system to cause such slowness..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Adobe 2015.8 to try to sync edits across about 500 images... I have been sitting here for 1hr37mins and this is the progess my system has achieved:Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.14.18 PM.png

As you can see, I can also not continue editing, as filmstrip, and my image are no longer showing.

For reference, I'm on a late 2014, 27" iMac 5k, with 4ghz i7, 32GB 1600 RAM, and AMD R295x 4096MB gpu, running El Capitain, and images are worked on from a Thunderbolt RAID 5 Array with 4 500GB SSDs.  i.e. I find it very hard to believe that its my "system" that is slowing down the process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating to 2015.9 released last week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines