• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I not able to switch between fill, stroke or text color in the swatches panel?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My swatches panel all of a sudden stopped letting me switch between changing fill, stroke or text color. I can still switch between colors if I click in the top panel, or on the tool panel, but for some reason the options are grayed out in the swatch panel itself. There's a photo below. Even with the text highlighted, the options are still grayed out. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 3.36.49 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with panel display often can be solved by deleting the InDesign caches folder and restarting. On OSX it would be /Users/username/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to purge your preferences?

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eric, this has come up before—interface problems are often cache related. If you trash the cache folder you won't lose your preference settings, so it's worth trying that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines