Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing 4X6 borderless with Epson L800 printer

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I don't think it's an issue with LR or PS but maybe someone here has this problem so here I am asking.

When printing with the L800 in 4X6 borderless epson paper I got on the bottom misalignment/shaken and some small spot. Any help?

See the picture please (photo taken with an iPhone of the real print).

Thanking in advance,

Se

rgioepsonl800.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Sergio,

It is more likely to happen on the smaller paper such as 4x6 as there is less surface area for the rollers to move the paper along as it prints. Unfortunately it is very difficult to solve this issue due to how the printer moves the paper through the printer. I have not found a good resolution if the suction can not be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sergio,

I have found that when printing boardless on the epson printer that the carrier disengages in order to print the last part of the image, depending on if and how much suction the printer has, this can cause the stability of the paper in the machine to become loose which can cause the effects of shaken/misalignment you are describing generally only visible on the finishing end of the print. The spots are not terribly uncommon when printing boarderless as some ink is released outside of the print area and can get picked up on the bottom of the head and transfer to the print. This could also be caused if the paper has any curl to it and is causing it to get caught by the head as it passes over the edge.

If you can manually increase the suction this will help keep the paper more stable as it passes, check for curl, and clean the head, this should help minimize the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelHughSims  escreveu

Sergio,

I have found that when printing boardless on the epson printer that the carrier disengages in order to print the last part of the image, depending on if and how much suction the printer has, this can cause the stability of the paper in the machine to become loose which can cause the effects of shaken/misalignment you are describing generally only visible on the finishing end of the print. The spots are not terribly uncommon when printing boarderless as some ink is released outside of the print area and can get picked up on the bottom of the head and transfer to the print. This could also be caused if the paper has any curl to it and is causing it to get caught by the head as it passes over the edge.

If you can manually increase the suction this will help keep the paper more stable as it passes, check for curl, and clean the head, this should help minimize the effect.

Hi, Michael. Thank you so much for your reply.

This only happens with the 4x6 paper, other sizes no problem. Head is clean and I've printed lots of samples with new paper and the issue remains. Still wondering..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sergio,

It is more likely to happen on the smaller paper such as 4x6 as there is less surface area for the rollers to move the paper along as it prints. Unfortunately it is very difficult to solve this issue due to how the printer moves the paper through the printer. I have not found a good resolution if the suction can not be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with EPSON L805. There's no issue with letter sized paper, only 6x4. The printer prints normally until the very end. Then you can hear noises and you can see how the paper shakes, like it cannot hold the paper straight. I did print 6x4 before, when the printer was new, and had no issues, but now every 6x4 print has the bottom section smeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines