• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct catalog construction???

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a new catalog in LR6 using MAC and storing on a Western Digital Macbook hard drive.  The hard drive shows my complete file path correctly, but LR only shows the root folder - no subfolders.  How can I get LR to mirror the path of the hard drive?  I had no problem with LR5 on Windows.  I'm not sure if it is a MAC issue or a LR issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

If the Folders panel in the Library module is not showing the folder tree like your file browser does, select a folder, right-click, "show parent". Repeat as needed.

Note: The only folders that will be in the Folder panel are the ones you have imported files from. Lightroom is not a file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

You posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support.

I’ll move your question to the Photoshop Lightroom forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Folders panel in the Library module is not showing the folder tree like your file browser does, select a folder, right-click, "show parent". Repeat as needed.

Note: The only folders that will be in the Folder panel are the ones you have imported files from. Lightroom is not a file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines