• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent indesign rollovers?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am teaching myself how to set up interactive pdfs and using the buttons palette.

I got a rollover to work exactly as I want, but cannot seem to replicate it...despite the fact that as far as I can see all the settings are parallel.

So I tried to add a second rollover item. WHen I roll over the trigger it appears, but when I roll off the trigger it stays there, does not disappear like the first item does.

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Is there a way to send a file to someone to take a look at it and maybe figure it out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for a PDF or an EPUB?

What version of InDesign and how are you viewing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a pdf. I am using CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like both yellow and blue boxes to appear/vanish when I roll over the blue. Only the yellow works this way.

I am not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the EPUB forum. I'm moving it to the main InDesign forum.

I'm having a hard time envisioning what you're talking about. Screenshots would help as would answering my question about how you're viewing the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, bear with me a little, need to do some actual work.

Thanks,

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two pdfs. One has a rollover that works fine….one has a rollover that appears but doesn’t disappear when rolling off the hot spot.

Also screen shots comparing the way the buttons are set up…maybe you can see an inconsistency. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't attach them to an email. You have to return to the web forum and insert them with the "insert image" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on line with adobe twice now...once on a chat and once on the phone. Neither person could figure out what was going on.

I don't know wow well I can make myself understood....  In the lower image when I export to pdf...the yellow box appears when I roll over the blue, and vanishes when I roll off. I cannot seem to get this effect to happen again.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.39.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.39.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.38.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.38.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem, I have a panel set to appear when the mouse is over the target area, and disappear when the mouse is off the target area. The problem is the inconsistency. it does not disappear when the mouse leaves the target area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to remember is that all fields need a unique name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can assure you they do have a unique name. Everything worked perfectly in the older version of indesign.

not sure if it is that or maybe adobe acrobat. who knows.

the only certain thing is it is not working properly consistently, when I quit out of it and try it again it works ok

but then a different panel will not work and the panel that was problematic before will work fine, there is no set rule why it works sometimes. frustrating, because I have to quit every time the panel chooses not to disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollovers are wonky and IMO a horrible user experience. They're awful in PDF and don't work on touch devices at all.

I'd re-think the whole thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They never use to be. I only started having problems after I upgraded.

but yeah Thanks for your comments. Will rethink a new way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need at least to find out if it is Indesign or Acrobat. Try an old PDF in Acrobat. Does it work ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines