• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom hangs when I click the Develop module

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Lightroom CC on my Mac. It was working fine but suddenly it just hangs as soon as I press the develop module. The photos don't load or take too long (about 5 minutes each) to load and then as soon as I start editing, it hangs again. I uninstalled and installed Lightroom but this hasn't changed anything. Many thanks for solutions in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to disable the GPU.

Lightroom > Preferences > Performance, uncheck Use graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for the response. I unchecked the Use Graphics Processor but it still isn't loading the photos for editing in the Develop module. Any other suggestions? Thanks for help!

Sent from my Samsung device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see exclamation marks on the thumbnails in Library, or question marks on folders?

Any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are are no exclamation or question marks. The report I get is as follows:

Date/Time: 2017-03-13 20:03:14 +0000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.3 (Build 16D32)

Architecture: x86_64h

Report Version: 25

Data Source: Stackshots

Command: Adobe Lightroom

Path: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom

Version: Adobe Lightroom (6.9)

Parent: launchd

PID: 1381

Event: hang

Duration: 4.10s (process was unresponsive for 221 seconds before sampling)

Steps: 41 (100ms sampling interval)

Hardware model: MacBookPro12,1

Active cpus: 4

Fan speed: 0 rpm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences. Press and hold Option+Shift immediately after clicking the shortcut to launch the program.

Then click Yes in the dialog to reset preferences.

I'm not a Mac user myself, but I think a computer restart is necessary on a Mac for the resetting to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Just tried resetting the preferences and restarting the laptop but still no luck . Perhaps I need to contact Adobe Suppoet first thing in the morning but thanks for your help.

If there's anything else I could try, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can think of is that permissions could have changed - check that you have both read and write permissions on the folders that contain the original photos.

It would also be interesting to know if this happens with all photos in your catalog, or only with certain folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's happening with all the folders. I just tried to open a new folder and it's completely hung now. No pictures appear in the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no picture appears in Library, and not in Develop etiher?

Do you see thumbnails in Library, or are they just grey rectangles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I can see grey rectangles only. I guess that the pictures are not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm beginning to wonder if you have a defective monitor profile, no image in Develop can be a symptom of that (as well as for missing thumbnails), but since you stated in your original post that image would sometimes load, I didn't think that would be the problem.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor) as explained here:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

If that fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

If this brings back the image in Develop, but not in Library, you also have a corrupted preview cache, an unusual combination of problems. To fix this - with Lightroom closed, use the Finder and go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog, usually in the Pictures/My pictures folder. Delete the folder (it might appear as a file on a Mac) whose name ends with Previews.lrdata.

Do not delete anything else. Now launch Lightroom, and the previews will rebuild as you browse the Library.

Note that these previews are only used by the Library - Develop creates its own previews in real time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines