• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stuck at loading library

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.  Every time I try to open it is gets stuck at "loading library" - I have Windows 10.  Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Closed Digital Edition.
Rename My Digital Edition Folder under your Dokuments in My Digital Edition.old.

Start the Software again with right click and run as admin and check if now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition.
Rename My Digital Edition Folder under your Dokuments in My Digital Edition.old.

Start the Software again with right click and run as admin and check if now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it. Did not work. Still stuck at loading library.

Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution. I had this problem today re-opening ADE after reinstalling it yesterday on a different internal hard drive. (It hadn't refused to open yesterday.)

I followed your instruction and the program opened but didn't have any books in the library. When I moved the books from the "OLD" folder to the new library folder the program returned to the behaviour not opening again so I put them back in the OLD folder and then I added them to the library using the menu choice to add books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem. It seems to only occur whenever I have first connected my Kobo reader to the computer. Try starting Digital Editions with no ereader or other device connected, then connect your ereader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the Library as suggested to OLD and was successful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Have Found the solution to keeeping yourr database as tthe rename folderre trick starts a blank database.

As someone else posted, you can try to  RENAME 'My Digital Editions' to 'My Digital Editions.OLD' as a test: if that works then the .epub.xml file in tthe 'Manifest' folder is currupted.

My ADE froze after adding .acsm file from Overdrive. The happpened several times and trial and error led me to which fille was currupted. Here is thte solution:

(NOTE: If you renamed the folder to .OLD previously, rename it back and remove the .OLD. You may have to delete the new 'My Digital Editions' folder that was created or rename it to .NEW first.)

In the Documents folder, in the 'My Digital Editions' Folder:
  • Find the 'Manifest' folder and DELETE the last book you downloaded's '.epub.xml' file.
  • Just in case go back to the main 'My Digital Editions' folder and copy your eBook (.epub) somewhere as a backup or add it to Calibre or your eReader or whatever you want now.
  • Reopen ADE and it should work now, and your books and book history will be back, except you won't have your last eBook download in ADE unfortunately. You can try again, but it didn't work for me, and I had to repeat this step again to fix it again.
  • However your last eBook should still be in the main 'My Digital Editions' folder and should work fine to bring into Calibre or manually transfer to your eReader, but if not you still have the backup from above.
  • NOTE: To get the eBook back into ADE would probably require finding the error in the code in the XML file - assuming that is the issue. I did not bother to do that as it may take a while.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines