Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page number in inconsistent position

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas folks?

Section J, pre-page 33, all page numbers are in position and based on the main master page (all previous section's numbers are fine too). Page 33 onwards, the page number goes out of position on each odd numbered page.

Interestingly, if I move the page number position on the master page, it affects the number on the body pages equally (that is, moving the page number off to the right in the master page, corrects page 33 but makes 31 go out of position by equal amounts).

Thanks

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG)Capture4.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes,

could you share your ind document? At least a part of that doc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cinzia,

It's sensitive information and I'm freelance so sadly not.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes,

document without contents, only text frames on master page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you change the page size at some stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eric,

Nope, the page size has been consistent since the beginning. I did start with thirty pages and have been adding them in two's since, not sure if that has any significance....

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something looks off with the threads in your threaded text frames. I'm not sure what's going on without seeing more. But the spread that's working has one blue line. The one that doesn't work has two. Why do none of them appear to start at the ports? There is not enough showing to see if they are actually threaded.

Is there any text wrap involved that would push the number away? Is a different Master being used?

I can only make guesses. Dropbox would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

The threads look like that because there are two separate threads in the doc, and coincidence that the page showing the correct positioning only shows one, so nothing untoward there.

As you can see, there is only one master page being used 'J', and any text-wrap could only make the page number go out on all 'J's'.

If you look carefully at the pages panel snip, you can see the difference in page number positioning. All subsequent odd numbered pages are out of position so there's obviously something happening on or after page 32. I've tried adding pages before and positioning is fine, if I add them after, positioning goes out again.... it really does have me head-scratching?!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step is to create and implement a substitute master for J, I'll report back later this afternoon.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes,

FWIW: your screenshot is showing page 29 where the problem happens.

Can you show the Pages panel with pages before and pages where the problem happens?
Is there a new section start on the page where it happens the first time in a row?

What is your exact version of InDesign and OS ?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laubender,

Sorry, I should have said, I have a separate numbering system for the TOC at the beginning of the doc so what is shown as page 29 is actually the 33rd page.

And no, it's not on a section start page, see attached

I'm using Windows 7, CS6 V 8.0.

Thanks for all your help guys

5.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines