Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cineware plane/null misalignment

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if this is a glitch, or maybe I haven't set up my scenes correctly;

In cinema 4D, I set up some planes and a simple camera move, I add the external compositing tag to the planes, set to center.

Import the c4d file to AE, put in new comp and click Extract.

It creates the nulls in some random positions, they are aligned, but offset by some strange amount. why is this happening?

I also noticed when trying to create solids at larger scale, the FOV seems to not match up either..

Check this sample setup:

Dropbox - cinewareTest_00 folder.zip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to Dropbox on my work network, but you should definitely check C4D's frame rate. There is a project frame rate and render frame rates and if they are not the same as each other (and the same as your AE comp), you will have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yeah I already have those all set the same, in ae as well..

But I just realised.. The resolution wasn't set up to match the ae comp.. feel a bit silly now.. Thanks still!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also realised I didn't make an example scene which covered the main problem, it seems to be an issue with animating the focal lengthof the camera in C4D, check this sample setup:

Dropbox - CinewareTest_02 folder.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines