Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Rainfall on transparent Background

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI together,

I would like to export  a Rainfall effect as a PNG Sequenz with Alpha to Import it with alpha to Premiere Pro and lay it over some pictures. My Problem is that I need a Black Backround to build the Rainfall and so I don´t have a transparent Background to export with alpha. Do you have a solution for my problem?

Thanks an greets from Cologne  Germany

Pascal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

There is  composite with original check box that turns on and off transparency. CC Rainfall actually uses the background image to simulate the way light would wrap around raindrops so you'll loose that enhancement if you just export and lay the light streaks over another image. You just end up with white particles on top of your other footage.

You can make that work better if you use a blend mode like lighten, screen or add and adjust the opacity of the rainfall layer, but if you are going to use

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe some more details about about what you've created in terms of the rainfall might prove helpful.

It should be possible to end up with some rain effect on a transparent background. 

The problem likely lies in your workflow.  Here is a method for creating rain where you can achieve transparency:

Realistic Rain Drop FX Tutorial! 100% After Effects! - YouTube

However even If your rainfall is on a black background you should be able to composite it over your footage with the correct blend mode so the black is multiplied out but ultimately without any details about how you created your effect it's hard guess what the solution is. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is  composite with original check box that turns on and off transparency. CC Rainfall actually uses the background image to simulate the way light would wrap around raindrops so you'll loose that enhancement if you just export and lay the light streaks over another image. You just end up with white particles on top of your other footage.

You can make that work better if you use a blend mode like lighten, screen or add and adjust the opacity of the rainfall layer, but if you are going to use blend modes to do the composite, which is the recommend procedure, you do not need to render with an alpha, just add CC Rainfall to a black solid, render, then import into Premiere Pro and try using blend modes and opacity to complete your composite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And, just to round this out, you could unmult after you create the rain on black to get an alpha channel. See this page for different ways to unmult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines