Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype mode and Maximizing window bugs

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a Windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10) user. Actually I installed Anniversary Update manually due to security policy in my company.

I have 2 big problems:
1) When I open Adobe XD, make a first artboard and maximize the window I get something like on the picture below - I can Design only on this small piece of the screen. It doesn't happen when I maximize the windows before making the first artboard.
2) When I switch from Design mode to Prototype mode I can't Prototype, it's impossible to link artboards. So that I switch to Design mode and... I can't design. I can choose the tool that I want, but everything is invisible. The only thing I can see is "text tool" - I can write something on the artboard, but when I "unclick" the text is hidden. More pics in the comments.

AdobeXD_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Hi Jacek,

Greatly appreciate your patience.  There are known issues with DirectX 11 and the new Windows Driver model (WDDM 2.1). Microsoft is aware and will be addressing.

We are working with Microsoft and have addressed at least the known issues with a workaround in the next release of XD, if this is the issue you are seeing. Do you per chance have access to the Adobe XD prerelease program?  Otherwise I think you are looking at another couple of weeks until the new public beta is released.

In the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prototype mode
AdobeXD_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design mode after Prototype modeAdobeXD_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info about my pc
PC_Info_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacek,

Greatly appreciate your patience.  There are known issues with DirectX 11 and the new Windows Driver model (WDDM 2.1). Microsoft is aware and will be addressing.

We are working with Microsoft and have addressed at least the known issues with a workaround in the next release of XD, if this is the issue you are seeing. Do you per chance have access to the Adobe XD prerelease program?  Otherwise I think you are looking at another couple of weeks until the new public beta is released.

In the meantime if you are so inclined, you can try to downgrade your NVidia driver to a version that is WDDM 2.0.  Either by rolling back your driver in your device settings, or trying to find an older version on NVidia's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CoreyRLucier,

Unfortunately, I am currently not in the Adobe XD Prerelease program, I did not even know about it. I applied just after your response. Could you somehow speed up the process of joining me to the Adobe Prerelease program? I would really appreciate that.

Greetings
Jacek SÅ‚awiec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines