• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Longing for help with my animated mask

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sure I've done everything perfectly. The layer is converted into a mask, but it just doesn't work. Please help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Colin+Holgate  wrote

I tried just now, and having nothing in the mask layer will reveal the masked object. It ought to not show the object at all.

That's how masks have always worked. If it didn't work that way, you'd be forced to cover the entire stage with a mask during the stretches where you don't want to mask things. The implementation of "no mask = no masking" is far more practical and efficient.

As for the original poster's issue, all I can guess is that the m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lock both the masked and mask layers and retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly what I've done at 11th second of the video atop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double check that the hose is being masked.

or

copy and paste the mask and hose layers/frames to a new fla and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that with masks the first frame must include something. The masking can change over time, but if that first frame doesn't have anything in it, then it's ignored for the rest of the playback.

So, put a dot somewhere out of the way in that first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having empty frames before the mask and masked objects works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried just now, and having nothing in the mask layer will reveal the masked object. It ought to not show the object at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.  i see that.

but then i see everything working as expected when the non-empty frame is reached, unlike the op.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Colin+Holgate  wrote

That's how masks have always worked. If it didn't work that way, you'd be forced to cover the entire stage with a mask during the stretches where you don't want to mask things. The implementation of "no mask = no masking" is far more practical and efficient.

As for the original poster's issue, all I can guess is that the masks are somehow nested in graphics or movieclips in a manner that Animate can't handle for masking purposes. I'd recommend busting them down to root-level vector shapes.

Or maybe the mask layer has somehow become corrupted, in which case deleting it and starting over from scratch might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Merging all the objects on each frame of the mask helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines