• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line to silenty convert tiff to pdf

Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We name blueprints as tiffs using custom software and then convert them to pdf via the dc pro file creation dialogue.

Third party libraries are way too slow and the resulting pdf isn't always functional.

I have had zero, I mean zero, luck actually finding the API documentation for C#(or anything else) to let me just open and insert, then save a pdf using the adobe native libraries. It's kind of irritating actually. and by that I mean, infuriating. I see no need we should pay an extra $799 a seat for a performant 3rd party library when acrobat.dll is already here on the machine.

I am hoping there is a way to use the command line to just :

Acrobat.exe /source_tif_Name  /Dest_PdfName

but so far have found no documenation to even nudge me in the right direction.

At this point, I'd prefer to just silently tell acrobat to convert them, equivalent to File -> Create Multiple etc...

as an aside - PDF Sharp and the other free libraries I have tried are taking roughly 6-8 times as long as the adobe file creator, and again, their end result produces enough bad files to make them non viable.

Thanks folks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Not possible with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to develop with Acrobat you need the Acrobat SDK, which has thousands of pages of detailed documentation (but no useful samples to copy). But no command line. Just a note that neither Acrobat nor the SDK are for server use. Adobe's server-licensed products run to 5-6 figures. So, if I were to suggest LiveCycle PDF Generator for your conversion it might not be a popular choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the canonical software for processing TIFF is the C library libtiff, open source. I haven't used it in years, but I believe it may include a TIFF to PDF command line sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. Here is the man page for the command: TIFF2PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately as I'm processing large format arch drawings (30/42 inch at 240/400 dpi) the solution doesn't seem ideal, as the manual says anything over 10k pixel dimensions is a no go without tiling (which would not work with the down stream client software).

I do appreciate the help though. I am going to try and find some more solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines