• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deformation of PNG file in Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Lightroom CC library I choose "Edit in Photoshop CC" and I edit a CR2-file. In Photoshop I save it as PNG-file, in order to keep the transparacy of a part of the picture in other applications.

Bur when I import the PNG-file back in Lightroom, only a part (1/4) of the picture is visible. The rest of it disappeared. When I export that PNG picture to a JPG-file, only the visible part of the picture remained.

When I look up the PNG file outside Lightroom (for example with Finder or Paintshop), I see the complete picture.

What can I do to get the complete PNG file in Lightroom??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Sorry, it appears there is an issue with the way transparent areas are being rendered in the Develop module with 'Use Graphics Processor' enabled. Try setting your LR preferences as below and see if that corrects the transparency rendering. The Library module preview doesn't exhibit this issue because the GPU is only used in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the LR Library module showing that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First (left) original picture, second the (in PS) saved as PNG file and imported in LR (distorted), third the (as a jpg) exported PNG file, last (right) the PNG, in PS saved as jpg; transparacy became white.

The layout of te sedcond picture (PNG) should be like the last one, but the white should be transparant.

As in the separately added picture below.

Do you have any idea?

slee transparant.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are applying a Crop (red circle) to the LR imported PNG file. Open the Develop module Crop tool and Reset.

Rob_Stolk  wrote

The layout of te sedcond picture (PNG) should be like the last one, but the white should be transparant.

As in the separately added picture below.

Lightroom does not support Alpha channels and renders transparent areas in White. Export files will appear the same. A workaround is to create the PNG file format copy in PS after all LR and PS editing have been completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it appears there is an issue with the way transparent areas are being rendered in the Develop module with 'Use Graphics Processor' enabled. Try setting your LR preferences as below and see if that corrects the transparency rendering. The Library module preview doesn't exhibit this issue because the GPU is only used in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, trshaner, problem solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines