• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 incomplete renders.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 2017 macbook pro 2015- 16G, 2.5Ghz i7- im having incomplete renders. not sure why. I tried sending to a different hard drive (900Gb avail) and a few other things, but the render quits after the first second. it is 4K, so i created a new comp at 1920x1080 and dropped the main comp into that and dropped the size 50%. seemed to want to work, then quit rendering again. I tried setting my media cach and database to another hd with 100gb avail, tight, but nope. I dont mind putting it out at 2K. do i need to set up a new doc at 2K? also, its mostly vecotr .ai files with layers brought into ae. thanks!!

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

ok, i went through the layers and the culprit was an animated .ai layer that had a gaussian blur AND cc slant and camera lens blur on it. it was basically the shadow of the body, so i wanted it to match the movements and camera blur effect that was on the subject. i pushed ae/mac too much with all that. now it seems obvious. i deleted it and it worked. thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your render setting?

What effects and plugins are you using?

How is the hard drive formatted?

When the render quits what sort of message are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for responding. Im trying different settings. .mov's- prores, h264, lossless. see attachments for render settings and hard drive info. using: camera lens blur a couple times. the piece is 7 seconds long. render quits right at the beginning after a few seconds with the "Baaah!" but no message. I just tried turning off frame blending and that didnt work.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.44.40 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.47.26 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any footage in your comp? If so, what format and codec is it?

What error messages are showing in the render queue and/or log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no footage except 4K size .ai's.

would it matter if i shrunk the .ai's say 50% in illustrator and then doubled them in ae?

where is the render log? see attachments for render queue and ae clipboard error (which ive tried to solve by copying blank text, purged "all memory and cache" etc). the clipboard error seems to be two of them, i have to click on the same dialogue after the first goes away.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 12.00.55 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 12.35.27 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I see a screenshot of your AI save dialog for one of those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.ai file:

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 8.38.38 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you have tried copying something else, right? Like type out some text in a web browser and copying it?

Next suggestion would be to go into Illustrator's preferences to the File Handling and Clipboard section (towards the bottom of the options) and uncheck the PDF option for On Quit. And then copy...something in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty easy to create complex vector paths in AI that give AE problems. You should study up on creating Illustrator artwork  for video. The basic rules are:

1. All artwork should be on one artboard
  2. Snap to pixel should be turned on
  3. The artwork should be an even number of points (pixels) high and wide
  4. Minimum stroke weight for art that does not move is 1 point
  5. Minimum stroke weight for art that moves is 2 points
  6. Do not use fractional point weights for any lines that you want perfectly lined up with the pixel grid
  7. Make the artboard the same size as the final video
  8. Make sure you label your layers so you can figure out what is going on in your AE comp

Until you have an experts understanding of video standards, frame rates and compression make sure that you use the presets for your comp size and your rendering settings. They will keep you out of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only problem is i have the body parts separated in the .ai file and all the animation is already done in ae. i reshaped the .ai artboard to the same size, but it cut off the artwork in places. i then locked the size and raised the numbers to fit the artwork and made sure they both landed on even whole numbers. prob not correct, but if i shrink the artwork, it will all go screwy in ae, or maybe not. gonna try a test on that now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, and yes i tried copying text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i went through the layers and the culprit was an animated .ai layer that had a gaussian blur AND cc slant and camera lens blur on it. it was basically the shadow of the body, so i wanted it to match the movements and camera blur effect that was on the subject. i pushed ae/mac too much with all that. now it seems obvious. i deleted it and it worked. thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines