• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Date and Time Stamp

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. Am new to this, forums and discussions.  And do not typically utilize Lightroom in my workflow.

Question:  If I use LR to edit/change the capture time of a sequence of RAW files, will that metadata/edited

capture time be recognized in Adobe Bridge?  Am trying to synch another shooter's camera raw files to my

camera raw files.  Thank you :: Fletcher

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Yes, but you'll have to ensure the changed capture time is written back to the files' metadata (.xmp sidecar files, in the case of raws).  To do that, select all the files and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, or set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you'll have to ensure the changed capture time is written back to the files' metadata (.xmp sidecar files, in the case of raws).  To do that, select all the files and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, or set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning, John.  And thank you for your speedy reply.  As I said, I do not work in Lightroom,

but downloaded it as I read it is the only way to easily edit image capture time.  My normal workflow

is Bridge, ACR and Photoshop.  I will give it a try per your notes. And again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines