Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current timeline indicator skips frames when previewing

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

when I preview my video, the CTI (current timeline indicator) skips a variable number of frames (5, 8, 10 or other...) and the movement is not "fluid", useful to see when there is a specific interaction.

I attach a video that shows this annoying problem and a link to the tutorial where I noticed the "fluid" movement: http://youtu.be/Mtv8QptWNbg?t=12m

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks fine to me.  Looking at the Info panel in the upper right, I see that it's previewing at 30fps, which is real time in your comp.

You aren't dropping frames, you don't have a smooth animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave,

yes in the info panel there is 30fps and the same is the real time of my project.

But... my problem is the red line, the CTI, that doesn't cross/travel all frames but it jumps from 05f to 15f, or 10f to 25f without a logic, it doesn't pass through every single frames as I see in that tutorial at twelth minute, when he pressed spacebar.

Why is it different? Why are there jumps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know nothing about your system, so there's no telling... but the Info panel says that the preview itself is fine... so it IS fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, my system is:

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz

32 GB DDR3 @ 798 MHz

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H97-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)

BenQ GW2765 (2560x1440@59Hz)

IPS234 (1920x1080@60Hz)

4095 MBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

223GB KINGSTON SHSS37A240G (SSD)

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LucaM,

Your system certainly seems adequate. Are you still having trouble with your animation? Let us know, please!

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

no, i have the same problem too, can you help me? My CTI (current timeline indicator, line red on timeline) skips a variable number of frames and its motion is not fluid.

In this video the motion is fluid, for example (min 44 sec 53). Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca M,

It looks as though your comp or project might be corrupt. Does it behave that way in a new project? Which version are you working with? Can you try the most current version of After Effects. Let us know how that goes please.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have cs6 version and with a new project I have the same problem.

I tried on friend's computer this project with CC version and it works.

Maybe there is a setting on cs6 that I can control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines