• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best laptop to run Adobe Premiere Pro CC??

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for recommendations from people who do a lot of video editing.

I'm starting a communications program where I will be doing a lot of video and photo editing. I just want a laptop that can run Adobe Premiere Pro smoothly.

It seems like the GPU card recommendations on the system requirements website might be outdated, because I can't seem to find many laptops that match up with those listed GPU cards.

Initially I was looking into buying an Asus Zenbook Pro UX501 (mostly because the $1500 is pretty affordable), but read that the incompatible GPU card was a problem. Now I am thinking of increasing my budget, and wondering if its worth it to just fork over the money for a new Macbook Pro because its easier than sifting through the internet for an adequate PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media will you be editing?

Lots of discussion here:

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=which%20laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to the other discussions.

I will be editing photos and video from my DLSR camera - the video is 1080p. I don't think the videos I will be editing will be long, likely around 5-10minutes.

I had been thinking about the Asus Zenbook Pro but was concerned because the GTX 960M wasn't posted as a compatible GPU on the system requirements list. Do you think that's a problem, or will the 960M do the job just fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure wish they would update that Zenbook line with the GTX 10 series nVidia graphics, but yes the GTX 960M will work, just not as well as what I would like.if I were to get a new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer Peru Bob's question

The ASUS ZenBook UX-501VW has this as a graphics card options

"NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2G/4G GDDR5 VRAM"

That should work ok with some simple media types, simple editing workflows and providing the on board storage configuration is adequate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines